about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We’re recruiting for a highly motivated a Automation Test Engineer to join our technology team at Sky to help us deliver exciting Strategic Programmes of work.
What you’ll do:
- Working in an Agile methodology, you will be responsible for the design and build of automated tests to ensure adequate and effective test coverage.
- Provide test assurance of the user stories according to the defined acceptance test criteria.
- Work closely with Software Engineers to deliver the test activities to meet the requirements, whilst contributing to effective agile delivery.
- Regularly participate in estimation activities and work to identify opportunities to maximise test benefit within the team.
- Ensure test best practice, continual improvements and appropriate standards are adhered to.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience in Java and Cucumber is required.
- Expertise in delivering automated test frameworks in a CI/CD environment
- Ability to prioritise your own workload and be able to highlight early when work is at risk of not completing.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and best practices.
- A collaborative and influential mindset with an ability to communicate at all levels.
- Extensive experience of hands-on testing of complex technology estates.
Team Overview – UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There is a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Livingston Watermark House:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Why wait? now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.