7 months ago
UK Wide, Full Mobility Required
Who you’ll be working with
In Business Technology Solutions (BTS) we specialise in navigating our clients through the complexities of large-scale, technology-driven transformation programmes, using our skills to drive outstanding delivery. Having the right people using the right methodology and following the right process gives every client the right result.
The Transformational Testing Services Team (TTS) are one of five delivery teams that sit within Business & Technology Solutions. TTS was established in January 2016; a new Delivery Unit within Business Technology Solutions focusing on helping our client’s achieve business value through testing transformation. The TTS function is responsible for all aspects of testing services focusing on developing our capability and introducing transformation to our existing accounts. At Capgemini, we see various levels of maturity within our client’s IT Software Development Lifecycle. Some are just starting off on their testing transformation journey, whilst some of the more mature organisations are moving to a much more optimised, 'Dev-Ops' operation. Our aim with TTS is to help our customers evolve and innovate their testing landscape regardless of their maturity.
* Our Vision – For TTS to be the differentiator for Apps UK by becoming a leading player within the Testing Services market
* Our Mission – To create and deliver transformational testing solutions that fit our clients’ needs and drive increased efficiencies and reduced cost
* Our Strategy – To transform our existing engagements into more meaningful and commercially defensible relationships
The focus of your role
You will typically report to the Test Manager/Test Lead on a given testing assignment and the role will be carried out at a wide variety of Capgemini and client sites. Central to the role is the definition, development and execution of technical testing throughout the complete development lifecycle, from project initiation through to delivery.
What you’ll do
* Produce Test Approaches modelled around using Test automation as the base
* Produce Integration Automation Test scripts, data and scenarios in accordance with the documented approach.
* Embed, Run and maintain the automated tests prescribed within the Automation Test Framework
* Analyse (and document if needed) defects discovered during test runs
* Work with the Technical Lead and other resources across the development and environments teams to rectify and retest issues encountered during testing.
* Report progress to the Test Manager
What you’ll bring
We are looking for the highest calibre individuals who exhibit the following attributes, experience and skills that enable them to deliver rapid value to our clients:
* Demonstrable experience of validating application quality through measures including functional, performance, vulnerabilities, defects and static analysis results
* Demonstrable Experience of conducting Functional & Non-Functional testing using appropriate tool set.
* Experience of testing Middleware and API’s using tools like RestAssured, Postman, SoapUI, OR similar
* Demonstrable Experience of using testing test management & Defect Management tools like HP Quality Centre, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint or other similar tools.
* Strong experience of working in a DevOps delivery environment and teams with exposure to Continuous integration delivery tools/environment
* Experience in Agile Scrum/BDD methodologies
* Experience of using tools like Gherkin, cucumber and similar
* Demonstrable experience of introducing or using test automation in everyday facets of test lifecycle.
* Experience in any programme language like C, C#, Java, Python
* Demonstrable Prior experience in coding automated tests using Java Script or VB Script
* Demonstrable experience of using any of market leading test automation tools like Selenium, HP-ALM , MS –TFS, Tosca , Worksoft or similar
* Experience of using any of the performance measuring tools like Jmeter, Blazemeter, Eggplant , HP Load Runner, Grinder or similar would be a plus
* Knowledge of Databases like Oracle 10g/11g or SQL server
You must hold Security Clearance or be eligible for it.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
April 10, 2018
(i)GCSE or equivalent
Permanent Full Time or Part Time
Any UK Base