9 months ago
• See below
• See below
Our GSK Consumer Healthcare manufacturing centre in Maidenhead is one of the most advanced operations of its kind in the world. Dedicated to the production of Oral Healthcare brands such as Sensodyne, Aquafresh & Macleans we produce in excess of 1,000,000 tubes of toothpaste and bottles of Mouthwash per day for consumers across the globe.
Automation is an essential factor in being able to produce at this volume. As a result, we continue to invest heavily in our equipment to ensure we are able to achieve these ambitious production targets and we are always looking for ways to develop and improve.
This is where we need you, your skills and expertise as it will be your responsibility to look after the machinery which is used to process, mix, fill and package our products.
In return we offer an extremely competitive salary and benefits package including bonus, up to 10% company pension contribution and discounted share purchase schemes. We also recognise that work-life balance is important and so have a lunch-time finish on a Friday to give you an opportunity to start your weekend early.
• Analyse and resolve automation related issues to minimise production impact.
• Champion site-wide use of our computerised maintenance management system to ensure all details and work-tasks are being accurately recorded.
• Provide expert technical guidance for the design and installation of instrumentation and control systems, process control, PLCs and SCADA systems.
• Lead an initiate continuous improvement projects relating to automation and control systems.
• Project manage minor capital projects and deliver scope within cost, quality and time expectations.
• Support the tendering process relating to the supply of automation services and equipment to ensure that technical specifications are correct, delivered and represent value for money.
• Act as a mentor to Shift Technicians and support their automation training and development
• Support the development of a site wide automation strategy with the Automation Manager.
• Provide technical expertise during regulatory audits and compliance to relevant Global Engineering standards.
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities
• Ability to manage and improve control and automation systems including PLCs (specifically Siemens S5, S7 & Mitsubishi)
• Able to swap out & reprogram a Variable Speed Drive (VSD) from scratch & understand extensively the principles & effect of changes.
• Able to problem solve and resolve issues at their root cause
• Experience of working in a highly-regulated manufacturing environment
• Recognised Engineering qualification, ideally to Degree or HND standard
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2017.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.