9 months ago
Software Engineering Academy
Our passion? Connecting our customers to more of what they love. To do this we need to make sure we’re constantly delivering quality service and products. Make an impact by producing test coverage and ensuring software is delivered to the highest standard.
Join the teams that built Sky Mobile, NOW TV and Sky Q. Create products used by millions. Use cutting-edge tech. Deliver top-quality software. Learn the fundamentals of software engineering, testing and gain an understanding of DevOps. There’s only one place you’ll see action like this in your career – and that’s Sky.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll learn a lot in seven months. After five weeks, you’ll be familiar with major software engineering and testing principles, as well as DevOps and test-driven development. Master the fundamentals of performance and API, mobile and hardware testing. And the security principles that underpin all our work. Over the remaining six months, with our guidance, you’ll put your newly-acquired skills into practice on current projects before moving into a delivery team, where you will continue your career as an Associate Tester.
On this programme you’ll ensure software is delivered to an excellent standard within a busy agile team, where quality is the highest priority. This could include
* Identify and negotiate business objectives to deliver quality, customer-focused testing solutions
* Collaborate with developers to maintain and improve our test suites
* Stay up to date on the status of tests, offering solutions as needed
* Help us deliver continuous, quality code that matches business requirements
What you’ll need to be
* The one essential requirement is that you’re a graduate, or soon will be. Our programme is designed to give you all the knowledge and experience you need, so it doesn’t matter what your degree is in.
* Be familiar with a modern day test framework
* Passionate about technology
* Familiar with applying quality assurance processes to software applications
* Aware of Agile methodologies
* A quick learner and team player
* Analytical and enjoy using logic to solve problems
When to apply
The current closing date for applications is 29th Dec 2019. But things move quickly around here, so apply now to avoid disappointment.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about
The perks are pretty fantastic too. Excellent pension, private healthcare and a share save scheme. Plus the Sky Q premium TV package of course. What’s not to love?
11 September 2019
29 December 2019