9 months ago
CH2M is a global leader in consulting, design and programme management. We love to tackle complex challenges, and we know that our best solutions come out of close, trusted partnerships with our clients and the communities we touch.
CH2M are looking to grow our existing transport planning and modelling team in the North of England. Working on interesting projects for our strategic clients will enable the successful applicant to develop a diverse range of skills covering all aspects of transport modelling and economic appraisal with a global leader in this business sector.
The key tasks will involve taking a leading role in the delivery of our strategic transport modelling, demand forecasting, economic assessment, transport appraisal and business case development projects for our key clients. The expectation is that the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work across a broad range of projects, covering the diverse nature of the CH2M transportation planning business.
CH2M have a reputation for successfully delivering complex strategic projects for our Clients. We are also focused on providing our staff with the training and opportunities to progress their careers. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing team and continue to develop your career in this industry.
This is a senior role within the transport planning team. The successful candidate will take the lead in the delivery of our projects with specific responsibilities for:
* Client liaison - listening, understanding and meeting our client needs;
* Management and technical delivery of transport modelling projects for our strategic clients in the
* UK and across our international business;
* Managing the financial / commercial requirements of projects in accordance with CH2M’s policies and procedures
* Provision of technical advice to internal team members and Clients;
* Training and mentoring of junior team members;
* Utilising a strong technical background to maintain and develop the team's skills and identify opportunities for development and research;
* Quality assurance and peer review of transport modelling work; and
* Business development activities as required.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
* Degree qualified;
* Evidence of being able to manage projects and tasks to an agreed scope of work and to time and budget requirements;
* Strong Knowledge of transport planning, transport modelling and scheme appraisal;
* Experience with industry standard strategic transport modelling tools (SATURN, EMME, CUBE, VISUM);
* Proven capability in data analysis;
* Good report writing skills; and
* Good communication skills, including an ability to communicate technical analysis to a non-technical audience;
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We’re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner ‘Engineers without Borders’, ‘Water for People’ and ‘Bridges to Prosperity’. We’re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women’s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.