5 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
‘Voice technology is undergoing rapid change and networks are evolving from appliances to software delivered on virtual infrastructure. This a great time to get involved and help deliver Sky’s future network’ – Phil Cretch – Head of Voice Engineering
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
The Voice Engineering team is responsible for the design and deployment of all voice services supported by the Sky Voice Core network. These include Sky Talk, Sky Mobile, Call Centre and the internal Corporate Telephony services.
As a member of the voice engineering team within Tech UK Engineering-
– Be part of a team creating and executing test plans and specifications, performing hands on testing of network platforms.
– Become familiar with virtualised infrastructure and highly available distributed computing platforms designed to ensure the service is always available to our customers.
– Be given the opportunity to develop your skills and use the knowledge and experience you gain to contribute to the design of future systems and solutions to ensure they are robust and testable.
– Learn how automation can provide repeatable and comprehensive test solutions then implement them to improve Sky’s test practices.
– An interest and understanding of telecommunications
– An understanding of Voice over IP technology.
– The ability to work constructively both as part of a team and on individual assignments.
– The ability to analyse problems and draw logical conclusions.
– An understanding of how to get to the root cause of a problem.
– Communication skills that allow you to present propositions and communicate technical issues.
– A degree level qualification in an engineering discipline.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about