10 months ago
Title : Associate / Technical Director Major Projects Planner
Requisition ID :2017-16228
Work Location :GB-London
Department / Discipline : Planning
Additional Work Location : GB-West Midlands-Birmingham
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Associate / Technical Director to join our Planning team. This is a position which is of strategic significance for our business and it represents a challenging and exciting opportunity for an experienced planning consultant to join our successful nationwide team of planning, transport and design professionals. Wood is at the forefront of major infrastructure planning and we are working on some of the most high profile projects currently being proposed in the UK. Many of these projects will be consented under the Planning Act 2008 where we may be providing policy, environmental, technical and stakeholder advice and support.
The projects are varied in nature but all require skills in project management, communication and negotiation. They are often operating at the leading edge and represent best practice within the profession. We see major project planning as one of our key strengths which builds upon our existing track record and the complementary technical skills and services that we can access as a global environment and infrastructure company. This position represents an excellent opportunity to develop professionally as an individual via the continued growth of our business over the next few years.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
You will provide project management and direction to our multi-disciplinary teams working on major projects across the UK. Furthermore you will act as the key point of contact between clients and ourselves providing them with the appropriate advice that they require to move forward with their nationally significant projects. You will work both with senior professionals in our company as well as those within client organisations and other consultancies often as part of a multi-disciplinary project team. You will also help us to grow our work both nationally and internationally in the consenting and delivery of major projects.
Skills / Qualifications
* You will be qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Town Planning and will be a full member of the RTPI.
* You will ideally have a minimum of 10 years’ experience within the planning sector in the UK with a substantial part of that time spent in the private sector.
* You will have a demonstrable track record in the direction and management of major projects and a thorough understanding and experience of the Planning Act 2008 and the DCO process.
* You will ideally have experience of EIA and stakeholder engagement.
* You will be familiar working within a large scale multi-discipline project team liaising with client’s legal teams and with technical consultancies.
* You will be confident and persuasive with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* You will have the ambition and ability to develop new client relationships, to help build our business and to manage key clients.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.