9 months ago
Associate / Technical Director - Environmental Impact Assessment (Oil and Gas Projects)
Requisition ID :2019-59368
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a talented and enthusiastic ESIA specialist to join the Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions team in Reading. The successful candidate will have prior experience of delivering ESIA’s for international oil and gas projects as well as an established network of client relationships.
You will join a c25 strong EIA team with a mixed portfolio of EIAs for Major Infrastructure clients across a broad range of sectors including oil and gas, rail, aviation, transmission and distribution, nuclear and offshore wind.
The successful candidate will not only lead ESIA projects, but also manager key client relationships in the oil and gas sector both internally with other parts of the Wood business as well as directly with the oil and gas majors. Our opportunity pipeline is strong and we are looking for talented individuals to contribute to securing and deliverin exciting new projects.
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging but fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development across Wood’s E&IS consultancy business.
You will work with members of the EIA Management team to identify, win, manage and deliver ESIA projects and will be sufficiently flexible to work on other ESIA projects (non oil and gas) should the need arise. You will take the lead with regard to strategic, technical and commercial aspects of projects as well as being responsible for technical assurance and for mentoring junior staff in their project roles. The role would also require leadership with regards to the project approach to stakeholder engagement.
You will support the European Oil and Gas sector lead generally and may be assigned client relationship management activities where it makes sense to do so.
Skills / Qualifications
The role requires excellent reporting and communications skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team, seeking technical input from other disciplines to deliver carefully considered solutions to produce high quality work.
* A degree (or equivalent), in a relevant environmental discipline, with a strong emphasis on ESIA and/or SEA
* Postgraduate qualification in environmental science/planning (or related field of study)
* Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
* Consultancy experience
* Staff management experience
* Commercial management experience including management and responses to strategic bids
* Experience of providing technical direction at a project level
* Multi Sector onshore/offshore ESIA experience but key focus in Oil and Gas (Integrated Gas, Upstream, Downstream, New Energies), UK and overseas
* Demonstrable record of developing and securing new business
* Previous experience in supporting O&G client’s low-carbon energy transition initiatives through application of low carbon technologies, and developing an environmental technology strategy that reflects the complexity of global sustainability challenges
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.