5 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
You will on a day to day basis the role would be working with our Civil & Structural Engineering teams in Scotland and across the UK to help WSP work on some of the most challenging and high profile education, healthcare and technology sector projects within the industry and through collaboration with our unique specialist services teams helping to bring added value to the projects we deliver for our clients.
This role is to work as part of our growing building structures team, taking a lead role in project work, focused on team management, design document production & delivery, client and stakeholder liaison.
A typical week would require you to:
* Prepare bid documentation and submissions
* Liaise closely with architects and other co-professionals at project inception to establish project briefs
* Prepare feasibility study reports to meet brief requirements
* Work with the client, project team and key stakeholders to assemble a design & specification compliant with requirements, agree its format and content, and monitor and review its preparation ensuring delivery by the due date
* Review and monitor the production of calculations including QA, technical reviews and sign off
* Monitor and support the production of WSP design and Specifications to meet the project requirements
* Assist in the project lifecycle documentation – QA, CDM, Archiving etc. and coach more junior colleagues in their use.
* Help support your team members and take part in design reviews and staff development reviews
The candidate must have excellent inter-personal skills, with good leadership potential capable of communicating effectively with other members of the project team and stakeholders. The candidate is expected to demonstrate enthusiasm for delivery of excellence in heritage and conservations projects.
We'd love to hear from you if you have/are:
* A competent engineer who is comfortable at leading a project, Ideally you will have a track record in supervising designs produced by junior colleagues
* Approved Certifier of Design (SER)
* Degree (BEng/MEng or similar)
* Chartered status (MIStructE/MICE)
* Experience of Renovation, conservation and refurbishment projects
* Experience of working on listed buildings and dealing with Historic Scotland
* Experience working as a Resident engineer or with a contractor on renovation and refurbishment projects
What if we can
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.