9 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
We are looking for scientists and engineers to solve challenging RF problems with the following skills and interests; developing machine vision algorithms to automatically recognise objects (such as armoured vehicles) using various approaches including deep learning; undertaking complex signal processing to form images, often from big data (e.g. terabyte data collections); simulating EM propagation using Maxwell’s equations and designing / building / flying bespoke modern RF systems such as our recent multi-quadcopter radar system.
You will join our RF imaging team which has unrivalled expertise in the UK providing RF imaging solutions that cover very large areas, day-and-night in all weathers to our customers. Our work includes sensor design and installation as well as image processing algorithms and automatic image exploitation.
Knowledge of some or all of the following is required:
• Strong Physics or Mathematics background
• Python / C / C++ coding
• Algorithm development
• Signal processing
• AI, Deep Learning
• Good analytical skills. Able to make evaluative judgements based on modelling and simulation or analysis of factual information.
• Strong risk awareness and quality conscious. Able to follow applicable processes and procedures.
• Domain knowledge of radar / EW specific detection, recognition or signal processing is desirable but not essential.
• Innovative self-starter able to show initiative. We’re looking for enthusiastic team players who can help develop concepts and solutions to our customers’ challenges.
• Sound and comprehensive communications skills in order to exchange complex information both within the team and to external customers
Experience & Qualifications:
• A first degree in Science, Engineering or Mathematics, or an equivalent, nationally recognised professional qualification.
• 3 years demonstrable experience working as part of technical and non-technical teams in an applicable domain. Including joint ownership of goals and accomplishments and individual contributions towards those.
• The successful candidate will be required to undertake a vetting process and maintain appropriate security clearance. There are a number of roles for which we will not be able to accept applications from Dual Nationals.