2 months ago
The OVO Group’s mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach zero, we need everyone to come together. Not as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. Find out more here.
OVO Energy is OVO’s flagship brand, offering its pay-monthly customers an unparalleled suite of digital energy services, solutions, and technologies. OVO has smart data capabilities allowing people to take control of their energy and take advantage of our market leading technology.
When we launched in 2009, we set out to make energy better. We brought great service, clear information and honesty to the industry. These days our sights are set even higher - and we’d love you to be part of that journey
OVO’s product management community is growing and we’re looking for a Product Manager to join the team responsible for our new consumer energy platform.
Product Managers within OVO’s platform teams are responsible for working with exceptionally talented engineers to build and maintain vital services that other product teams use to deliver world class, innovative customer experiences.
Although platform services are used by other product teams, they still deliver value to a customer. The Product Manager needs the right mix of product and technical expertise in order to make decisions that allow OVO to scale, whilst continually delighting our 1.5m retail customers.
What you’ll be doing:
With support from the Product Lead, you will be responsible for product managing our Identity platform team, working with a team of amazing engineers and being a key part of our growing Product, Tech & UX community to continually push the boundaries of the Energy Industry in providing award-winning service.
Across all parts of the platform, we need to ensure we’re using product management techniques to solve our customers’ problems and drive further adoption whilst also ensuring that OVO can operate at scale.
Our Identity Platform team deals with authentication, authorisation and identity management for our new generation energy platform, Orion. Our identity platform leverages modern technology to enable product teams to easily manage their customers’ identity. We are also at the forefront of security for the business and will be innovating on the login process for our customers across several energy brands, balancing this with usability and scalability.
We’d love to hear from you if you’re...
* Knowledgeable about lean product development at different stages of the product life cycle
* Currently working in a product management role or relevant commercial experience
* Equally comfortable working with leaders and team members alike
* Comfortable with the ambiguity that comes from working in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to changing market needs
* Strong analytical skills, able to cut through opinions with data
* Have worked with technical products that have multiple stakeholders
* Able to work with people around the business to increase adoption of internal tools.
You’ll love working with us if you…
* Are passionate about working in a dynamic environment and responding to change
* Find new concepts easy to understand, and show the tenacity to keep asking until clarity is achieved
* Love sharing your skills and experiences with colleagues
* Know your strengths, yet recognise there’s always more to learn from others
* Build bridges with people across the organisation
* Humbly embrace servant leadership
OVO believes in fueling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to challenge the status quo: to be the good ones, always find a way, and build something great. We embrace simplicity, transparency, and treating people and our planet fairly. We understand that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so our people will always share in our success.
From us you’ll get ...
* A competitive salary
* Discretionary performance based bonus (*)
* 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits (*)
* 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
* 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
* Flexible working hours
* And many more...
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
Learn more about working in the OVO family of companies at ovoenergy.com/careers and Glassdoor. We were delighted to receive a 2019 Top Employers certificate, and to be awarded uSwitch's 2019 Supplier of the Year.
Diverse teams are the best teams
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds: the more inclusive we are the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.