11 days ago
About the Role
WSP are looking for a Planner/Senior Planner to join their team in Leeds.
A typical week would include:
* Plan and prioritise own work to ensure that functional project requirements on scope, time and cost are met.
* Contribute to the planning strategy for assigned projects, so that the approach taken in each case is effective and appropriate to the project needs and client requirements
* Set up the base line plan for assigned projects and monitor progress against this plan, so that any problems are recognised promptly
* Report on progress and earned value, to support financial forecasting and any necessary corrective action
* Proactively identify and highlight any progress issues which threaten successful delivery of the project, so that recovery action may be taken
Additional duties for the senior role include;
* Lead functional input to projects, including where relevant leading the input of other planners, to ensure delivery is consistent and effective, meeting scope, time, cost and quality requirements.
* Lead planning input to estimating and tendering activity on assigned projects, so that all relevant issues, actions and risks are understood and taken into account
* Lead a performance culture, incorporating the WSP values, which develops individuals’ capability through an active performance management process, so that not only delivery for the company is enhanced but also the skills, capability and personal satisfaction of an individual is maximised.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Minimum HNC/D
* Conversant with planning software and tools (preferably Primavera P6)
* Basic project management skills
* Capable of managing own work
* Commercial awareness
* Significant relevant experience, (ideally around 4 years), in project planning
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
Candidates applying for the senior role will also need to have experience of managing others and checking the work of more junior members of the team, knowledge of P6 and ideally a professional qualification.
We are one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms, helping create exciting and inspiring projects that help communities thrive.
We foster collaboration in everything we do, striving to leverage each other’s strengths across a network of experts, technical and non-technical, to exceed expectations together.
It matters to us that each of our colleagues comes to work every day with curiosity, drive and a sense of purpose. We are living proof that a stimulating, open working environment where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported is a catalyst for outstanding achievements.
Come and find out.