4 months ago
* Employee status: Permanent
* Closing date: Ongoing
* Reference number: 43019
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our IP Network Development Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
Provide efficient design solutions with high standards and longevity that meets functional and performance criteria. You will also be responsible for working closely with Project manager, Technical Manager right from kick-off and liaising with Test and delivery engineers and operation until the design is tested in lab and successfully deployed in production network.
- Liaise with the Project management, Network Architecture and other internal stakeholders to elicit product requirements; functional and non-functional technical requirements during project lifecycle.
- Devise high level and low-level network designs that satisfy the requirements.
- Document solution design, rack layout and other technical diagrams
- Document High Level and Low-Level Designs and obtain stakeholders sign-off
- Review the results to ensure headline metrics and quality parameters are achieved
- Report to Line Manager and Technical Managers in a matrix structure for delivery of projects and provide accurate and timely reporting and escalations to the technical managers at various stages of the project.
- Good understanding of Datacentre routing and switching products and technologies with at least 3 years of experience within a Telco/ISP network supporting enterprise or datacentre network related work.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of networking products such as routers, switches.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, IP addressing (IPv4/v6), broadcast domains, loop avoidance mechanisms, IP routing protocols, MPLS VPNS, security (ACL, IPSEC), QOS.
- Hands-on experience on routers and switches (Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, XR family or Nokia SR 7750)
- Hands-on experience on Firewalls (PA) and Load balancers (F5) is desirable.
- Drive towards automation is key and knowledge of Python, GIT is advantageous.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about