5 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology Team.
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
Your key responsibilities:
As an Associate Network Data Scientist your responsibility will be to develop software and analytics capabilities to model and manage Sky’s network infrastructure and to produce network automation tooling to aid strategic planning and operational readiness:
– Develop current and planned network topology models.
– Develop software-based network traffic forecasts, capacity and cost models.
– Carry on analysis answering key business questions by applying an analytical mind-set. Quickly and efficiently process information from multiple sources.
– Work with stakeholders to interpret complex technical analysis and communicate them effectively.
– Identify key issues and spot trends in complex and uncertain situations, and propose the best way to move forward.
– Develop and support the middleware between OSS and Data Warehouse services and I&P infrastructure.
– Develop and maintain tools to automatically generate reports and graphs illustrating network topology, utilisation, performance and healthiness.
– Develop software systems and tools using industry standard frameworks to achieve network analytics and modelling objectives.
– Awareness of networking protocols and technologies (IP in an ISP).
– Ability to make sense of data, draw findings and present them in a meaningful way.
– Knowledge of modelling and trend analysis.
– Strong programming skills ideally Python and SQL knowledge awareness are a must.
– Solid understanding of telecommunication networks.
– Knowledge of data analytics, modelling and statistical analysis.
– Strong analytical skills and a consultative, proactive and join-the-dots approach.
– Although not essential, a PhD in networks, computer science or similar is desirable.
– Qualified in English and Italian languages and Travel requirements: Up to 10% of the time
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better