5 months ago
Job Title : Associate Mechanical Engineer
Location : Bristol - Bristol, BS32 4UB UK (Primary)
Organisational Unit : Hoare Lea -> Mechanical
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Mechanical Engineering
Education : Chartered
Job Description : Associate Mechanical Engineer
Competitive salary + benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Mechanical Engineer to join our firm, based in Bristol. You will join a talented, dynamic and diverse team of designers, engineers and technical specialists with a unique working culture. Our team is large and works on world-leading national and international schemes as well as being flexible enough to service local niche markets allowing significant talent growth and career progression.
As an Associate Engineer, you will be client facing, collaborative and show clear leadership capabilities. You will lead the development and delivery of coordinated, collaborative, well designed and technically excellent design solutions that reflect our client briefs and aspirations.
We work closely both internally and externally with our collaborators to bring together professionals from diverse disciplines to solve highly complex challenges in the built environment. Problem solving is in our DNA.
By creating and embracing a unique culture we ensure we remain leaders in our field enjoying what we do, having fun and achieve the best results by delivering a consistent, high-quality service for our clients. For us it is personal.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will take a leading role in growing the skills and abilities of our people, including supervising and mentoring Engineers of all grades.
- You will work on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally. These span across a selection of sectors with specific focusses on Healthcare, Residential, Commercial, and high end mixed use developments.
- You will be client facing and leading the electrical or mechanical services design on large projects, and leading the multi-disciplinary team on small to medium sized projects within the office.
What We Are Looking For
- Ambitious, creative and driven individuals.
- Excellent technical knowledge in Mechanical Design Engineering.
- Thorough understanding and project leadership experience of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process.
- Previous consultancy experience: you will have worked with complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings.
- Autonomous approach: you will demonstrate leadership qualities and an ability to successfully deliver medium to large sized projects as the lead of a collaborative team by defining and controlling the tasks required.
- Ownership of the quality of our outputs.
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to be client facing.
- Understanding and identify resource needs.
- Mentor, develop and supervise Engineers of all grades.
- Chartered Engineer.
Why Work For Us
- To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits including. These include:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Active support towards further professional development
- Friendly and dynamic team working environment
- Collaboration with specialist groups, with strong commitment to quality
- Significant opportunities for further leadership roles and career progression
We are an award winning international firm of Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health (MEP) Consulting Engineers. With a focus on building services, our design-led service is supported by our commitment to innovation and sustainability. We look at the building as a whole and are involved in all aspects, from initial client discussions through to the building’s occupation and optimised carbon performance. By combining our MEP engineering design expertise with a range of complementary specialisms, we’re able to offer our clients a unique service.
We are large enough to provide stability and opportunity, and small enough to recognise our people as individuals; this has led to a culture of flexibility, individualism and organic growth.
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates.Any offer of employment will be conditional upon you providing evidence of your right to work in the UK.