3 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
The Landscape team are positioned within the Environmental Planning business. As a team, working in a multi-disciplinary environment with colleagues across the UK and abroad, landscape architects at WSP are involved in a diverse range of work.
A typical week would include:
* Landscape and visual assessment (LVIA) for highways, rail, power, residential and mixed-use developments
* Townscape and visual assessment (TVIA)
* Landscape design, ranging from environmental mitigation to streetscape design
* Preparing technical guidance
* Public Inquiries and Expert Witness.
* Provision of expert landscape consultancy services and technical input for complex projects
* Undertaking of rigorous reviews/sign-offs to control technical project output and minimise risk
* Management of multi-disciplinary projects efficiently
* Line management and prospective mentoring of junior colleagues to support others in the team in achieving their technical career development
* Involvement with setting a framework for assurance of technical performance and quality for the landscape team
* Involvement with overseeing strategic expansions and growth of the landscape technical resource;
* Active participation and promotion of landscape technical knowledge sharing and dissemination;
* Involvement with identifying and promoting relevant training and professional development for team members
* Considers H&S risks when making decisions.
* LVIA and TVIA technical reports for sectors including highways, rail, energy, residential and mixed-use developments;
* Strategic and detailed design, hard and soft landscape detailing and specification, construction, contract management and site supervision
We are looking for an individual who has:
* Previous experience of delivering landscape work for large infrastructure projects in multi-disciplinary teams
* Sound knowledge and experience of landscape planning, in particular significant experience of leading on landscape and visual impact assessments
* Evidence of having designed hard and soft landscapes and produced associated details, plans and schedules
* Experience of implementing schemes on the ground and familiarity with construction sites and working with contractors
* Experience as a landscape consultant in a commercial environment post Chartership
* Experience of staff management
* Degree level qualification in Landscape Architecture or in a relevant environmental subject
* Postgraduate diploma or MSc in Landscape Architecture
* Full membership of the Landscape Institute
* Full, clean UK driving license.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.