6 months ago
Associate Infrastructure Engineer
WYG’s Manchester Infrastructure and Civil team are seeking an Infrastructure Engineer / Technician to join the team and to support the engineering capability for an ever increasing UK workload. The team work on a variety of development and infrastructure projects for a wide variety of public and private sector clients. In addition, work on a multidisciplinary basis with other WYG offices is an important and significant part of the team’s workload. The work comprises a broad range of civil engineering services including highways, drainage, public realm, earthworks and utilities.
* Design and detail highway alignments and specifications compliant with DMRB and relevant local authority standards
* Design and detail drainage networks and specifications compliant with SFA and CESWI standards
* Detail general civil engineering and external works associated with development schemes
* Support the production of technical reports, tenders and submission documents, consulting with statutory and regulatory bodies associated with the implementation of s38, s278, s104 and other associated agreements
* Liaise and consult with statutory bodies for utility impact assessments and utility provision
* Attend project and design team meetings
* Liaise with clients, contractors, external and internal consultants
* Project management and mentoring and management of junior engineers and technicians
* Experience in a similar role, ideally within a consultancy
* Experienced in the design and delivery of highways and infrastructure projects
* Able to use or experience in the use of AutoCAD, 3D Civils, PDS or MX and Micro-drainage
* For this role you must be chartered or have an equivalent professional qualification
Our focus at WYG is simple: to be the best in class consultant in all that we do – from energy and engineering, to planning and managing services; from international development, to transport and urban design. Across our diverse services, we provide excellence, inspire confidence and meet the changing needs of our clients. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You’ll also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.