about 1 year ago
About the Role
The Highways team is seeking a professional engineer with extensive post qualification experience in the design of Highway schemes to work in the Exeter office. The team is growing and offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate.
You will be involved in the project management and technical delivery of highway schemes from inception through to handover of the completed scheme to the client. This role will primarily be client facing and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of delivery of schemes in either the local or national transport arena.
A typical week would include:
1. Managing projects to ensure coordination of multi-disciplinary inputs.
2. Managing resources effectively and efficiently to meet fluctuating work loads
3. Working with Clients and design teams to deliver compliant designs on time and within budget meeting CDM, QA and technical review requirements.
4. Lead the design process and encourage the rest of the team to deliver appropriate and cost effective solutions to the agreed programme; support those less experienced by technical review, mentoring and advice.
5. Participating in tender bids and business development opportunities as they arise.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
* Are a Chartered Civil Engineer or an Incorporated Engineer with extensive post professional qualification experience
* Have experience of Project management and technical delivery lead of medium to high complexity Highway schemes, with detailed experience of Highways Agency procedures essential.
* Have proven knowledge in design, maintenance and supervision of highways related projects. This should include new build, maintenance and assessment of roads infrastructure.
* Have proven working knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW) in relation to Highway projects.
* Have experience or knowledge of Highway design packages such as MX/Civils3D and WinDes preferred, but not essential.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out for more info about the great work we do.