about 1 year ago
Associate Highways Engineer
Main Purpose of the Job
We are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Associate to manage an existing team in our Birmingham office and grow our existing Highways design capabilities. Work includes feasibility through to construction for all elements of highway design including bridges, along with various other civil structures projects for a variety of client. The role requires both management and expert technical leadership. The Birmingham Office has been successful in winning large multi-disciplinary long term frameworks and alliances. This coupled with the large multi-disciplinary projects currently being designed will provide a satisfying and rewarding opportunity to shape and grow a developing team of highly motivated engineers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
· Experience of Major Projects Management leading design teams and managing resources effectively.
· Extensive experience of leading civil engineering, or multi-discipline, projects with a client facing and work winning role at Project Manager/Director level.
· Ensuring the preparation of highway designs and specifications are of a high quality.
· Chairing client and consultation project meetings
· Over-seeing the preparation/preparing technical reports, fee proposals, bids, budgets, resource levels and all associated HSE, CDM and QA aspects
· Winning new work through consolidating existing client relationships and new clients.
· Responsibility for ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost effective way and ensuring the Job Financial Summary is regularly updated and correct.
· Providing expert technical guidance to others
· Reporting as necessary on projects and progress
· Working with both public and private sector clients on projects
· Mentoring Engineers
· Must have a Civil Engineering Degree or a relevant discipline
· Ideally you will be Chartered MICE or MCIHT
· Previous Highways design experience at Principal level or above
· Detailed understanding of major highways and infrastructure schemes using Design Manual for Bridges, British Standards and other codes
· Ideally with have previous experience of an engineering consultancy
· Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
· Be able to work well in teams and provide efficient direction to other team members.
· Ideally will have experience of BIM, and highway design software
Please send your application to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE