4 months ago
AutoReq ID 137645BR
Job Title Associate - Financing & Procurement - Power & Utilities - CF Infra
Country United Kingdom
Function Deal Advisory
Service Line Transaction Services
Service Line Information Our Transactions Services group is focused on continually enhancing value for clients across the deal and economic cycle. Our teams comprise of specialists capable of helping clients right through from conceptual thinking of buying a business to turning their business around in times of difficulty.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG’s Infrastructure Group in the UK consists of over 100 professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent financial and business advisers in infrastructure. The group has won many awards, including financial advisor of the year (Infrastructure Journal). The group has locations in London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester, but is organised on a national basis, operating under a single national cost centre.
We provide in-depth advice on the strategic, financial and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Transport, Power & Utilities, and Social Infrastructure in the UK and internationally. This advice ranges from the strategic thinking and advice to companies and investors to enable private capital to fund infrastructure to the detailed technical skills required at financial close. We also work closely with other functions within KPMG to advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, valuations, tax, accounting, and due diligence issues.
The financing and procurement of primary infrastructure is a key part of the business and supports the UK Government plan to invest over £300bn in the current parliament. We work with a range of public and private clients who are looking to raise and invest capital or in the case of the public sector, to seek the means to introduce private sector capital.
Our business is expanding rapidly and is looking for a high quality candidate to support our business with a particular focus on energy and transport in terms of both project management and delivery of assignments.
We are offering a unique opportunity to gain experience of the UK power sector in a multi-functional Power & Utilities team working across a range of strategic, regulatory and transactional mandates. The successful candidate will work on some of the largest transactions we are involved in (e.g. new nuclear, tidal lagoons, CCGT), gaining a better understanding of the underlying financial and commercial structures that are helping to bring forward the required multi-billion pound investments required to keep the lights on and help the UK meet its renewable targets in a rapidly changing market. The successful candidate will build on their existing MS Excel modelling skills to gain a thorough understanding of project finance modelling and commercial/financial issues in these complex structured power transactions.
Key responsibilities of the role include researching and analysing information to deliver elements of our complex power generation project engagements, pitch documents and/or associated client deliverables in the Power sector by:
- Structuring and writing reports by taking complex concepts and articulating these in a digestible format
- Building or analysing Financial Models in Microsoft Excel.
- Helping develop and assess strategic objectives and plans for clients (market entry exit or growth)
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Ensuring projects are delivered in a manner that complies with internal and regulatory procedures
- Contributing to the delivery of specific engagements on a day to day basis
- Supporting pitching for new business with ideas
- Contributing to specific business development initiatives, particularly proposals and pitches.
- Contributing to delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
- Developing a good working understanding of compliance procedures
- Contributing to the effective planning, delivery and closure of projects
- Maintain a good understanding of the infrastructure development market and Government policies to support funding and financing of projects.
The ideal candidate would:
- Experience in the infrastructure sector, in particular in the energy sector;
- Have a sound knowledge of Government procurement rules and tender evaluation procedures;
- Understand the key areas of policy in relation to the infrastructure financing and procurement of projects;
- Bring excellent report writing, Excel and Powerpoint skills;
- Be skilled in financial analysis, financial modelling and valuations as well as regulatory accounts;
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of economic and financial theory, with at least undergraduate and preferably graduate qualifications in economics or finance;
- Be comfortable and/or experienced in an external facing role;
- Provide compelling and well-thought out solutions to financial or economic problems of moderate complexity;
- Provide persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner;
- Appreciate the chance to work on a wide range of projects and proposals simultaneously to demanding timetables. Degree in finance, economics, engineering, mathematics or similar;
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Procurement, Law, Consulting, Business Development, Compliance, Operations, Legal, Technology, Sales