3 months ago
are looking to build upon our growing transportation modelling team within our
Birmingham office and to be part of an array of exciting local projects as well
as providing support to our international transportation planning operations.
With a very strong forward pipeline of work, you would be joining us at an exciting time in our journey and would be involved in working on an existing interesting set of projects for our strategic clients (i.e. local authorities; Highways England and the Department for Transport) as well as the opportunity to support our global teams whilst developing new leads and opportunities which in turn will also enable you to develop and build upon your already acquired set of diverse skills and experience.
The key tasks of this role will involve you taking a senior leading role in the delivery of our strategic transport modelling projects; whilst developing new leads and opportunities and working with our senior transportation teams. With this we would also expect you to work alongside our colleagues who are involved in demand forecasting, economic and environmental assessment, transport appraisal and business case development projects, and to work with our junior team members to share and develop our skills and experience. Whilst we pride ourselves on our high standards and expectations, we see you as having the opportunity to work across a broad range of projects, covering the diverse nature of the CH2M transportation planning business, both in the UK and Globally.
CH2M has a strong reputation for successfully delivering complex strategic projects, to a high standard for our Clients. We are also focussed on providing our staff with the appropriate training and support in the opportunities to progress their careers. This role offers a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing team in our Birmingham office, at an exciting time in our business and will enable you to continue to develop your career in this industry.
Job Responsibilities: This is a senior role within the transport modelling, where we anticipate you will take the lead building new client relationships; be part of and lead in bidding opportunities, and importantly manage the delivery of our existing projects. You will have specific responsibilities for:
* Client liaison - listening, understanding and meeting our client needs
* Management and technical delivery of transport modelling projects for our strategic clients in the UK and across our international business
* Managing the financial / commercial requirements of projects in accordance with CH2M’s policies and procedures
* Provision of technical advice to internal team members and Clients
* Training and mentoring of junior team members
* Utilising a strong technical background to maintain and develop the team's skills and identify opportunities for development and research
* Quality assurance and peer review of transport modelling work
* Business development activities as required
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
* Extensive transport modelling experience
* Degree and MSc qualified
* Evidence of being able to manage projects and tasks to an agreed scope of work and to time and budget requirements
* Strong Knowledge of transport planning, transport modelling and scheme appraisal
* Experience with industry standard strategic transport modelling tools (SATURN, EMME, CUBE, VISUM)
* Proven capability in data analysis
* Excellent report writing skills
* Excellent communication skills, including an ability to communicate technical analysis to a non-technical audience
Our Culture: Safety & health
conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with
regular social activities. We’re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and
interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to
advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their
professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for
aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
The CH2M Foundation is renowned
for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner
‘Engineers without Borders’, ‘Water for People’ and ‘Bridges to Prosperity’.
We’re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering),
we also have our own women’s engineering network to promote equality in our
Take a look around our site to
see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon
you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through
Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is only open to
applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not
expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering
applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an
employment visa to fill this position.