4 months ago
Associate Director / Technical Director (Environmental Due Diligence)
We have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Due Diligence expert to join the WYG Geo-Environmental team based in our London office with a remit to develop a London transaction advisory team and take a lead developing our national EDD
The WYG Transaction capability has grown steadily over the last 3 years having completed numerous large portfolio EDD projects working with legal institutions, private equity/financial firms, insurance companies and property agents. The WYG EDD team currently has a core of 3/4 experienced staff operating from the Leeds, Edinburgh & Belfast offices utilising additional geo-environmental staff as required. This role will include leading this team and developing and implementing a strategy to meet our ambitious growth plans.
The role will also involve assisting in the diversification of our EDD services working alongside our environmental permitting team developing our environmental liability/compliance advisory services associated with corporate M&A requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to take the next step within their career, where as part of the Geo-Environmental Senior Management Team, they will have significant responsibility and the opportunity to build a successful team and help develop the overall strategic direction of the Geo-Environmental business.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
* Networking and client liaison / development both internal and external;
* Developing & implementing a structured business plan to grow brand awareness in the regional and national market;
* Presenting to client teams and at industry events;
* Delivering our WYG EDD services including identifying opportunities, proposal and cost preparation and client follow up to secure work;
* Working across the environmental business to put together teams as required for EDD / M&A project requirements;
* Full project cost control and financial / budget management.
* Leading and developing staff both in London and remotely across the UK.
A primary degree in geology, engineering or a relevant environmental science discipline as well as;
* In depth awareness and understanding of the UK transaction advisory market conditions and economic drivers for investment.
* You will have in depth experience and a track record of successfully securing work and managing single and multi-site EDD projects from project inception through to report delivery and client management;
* You will demonstrate an aptitude for continued learning and career development, as a member of a relevant professional organisation;
* Client focused – client facing, confident communicator (written and verbal);
* You will have ability to provide high level advice at short notice and the ability to work within demanding timescales as required by client project requirements.
* You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be fully IT literate as you will be required to write and review clear, concise and technically robust reports;
* You will be a team player with strong social, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to mentor, encourage and support other team members.
* It would be beneficial for you to hold a Masters degree and chartered with principal environmental auditor status.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare, additional holiday and travel insurance. You’ll also benefit from a tailored package or professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
The WYG flexible benefits scheme was introduced in recognition of the fact that the needs and priorities of each individual differ. WYG “Flexible Benefits” is a menu of benefit options which allows you to vary your remuneration package to suit your own personal circumstances.