6 months ago
AutoReq ID 135648BR
Job Title Associate Director - Strategic Procurement - Corporate Finance Infra
Country United Kingdom
Function Deal Advisory
Service Line Corporate Finance
Service Line Information You can help clients through acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, buy-outs, major projects, initial public offerings (IPOs), real estate deals, debt structuring and issuance, and complex re-financings, distressed M&A and with business and company valuations and fairness opinions.
Globally, KPMG's Corporate Finance practice has an industry reputation for delivering forward thinking and objective advice for our global footprint and negotiation prowess, as well as an envied track record in closing successful deals. Together, our firm's Corporate Financiers have advised on or arranged critical and sensitive equity and debt transactions for some of the world's largest corporations, financial institutions and governments.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG’s Infrastructure Group in the UK consists of c150 professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent financial and business advisers in infrastructure. The group has won many awards, including financial advisor of the year (Infrastructure Journal). The group has locations in London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester, but is organised on a national basis, operating under a single national cost centre.
Strategic Procurement Advisory (SPA) is a new and fast growing team that is part of the wider Major Projects Advisory Team for the infrastructure sector at KPMG. SPA advises organisations across a wide range of infrastructure assets on strategic procurement, including packaging, supplier selection, and commercial and contracting strategy. A particular focus lies on collaboration within the wider project enterprise or capable asset owner.
- Take a leading role advising a range of organisations on procurement for infrastructure, as well as collaboration and related aspects of infrastructure delivery
- Work on the development of the SPA proposition and knowledge base
- Manage pitches for new business, including the team management, strategy development and preparation of company and asset analysis
- Contributing to the delivery of specific engagements on a day to day basis and managing small to medium size projects or workstreams
- Support pitching for new business with ideas
- Contributing to the effective planning, delivery and closure of projects
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Contributing to specific business development initiatives, particularly proposals and pitches.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and target clients and key market constituents to support personal effectiveness sand business development opportunities.
- Contributing to delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
- Leading small to medium sized engagements and being the day to day support for clients on these engagements
- Effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff on specific engagements
- Ability to work well under pressure, successful programme management experience.
- Comfort with ambiguity, fluid consulting situations and a highly pressured environment.
- A willingness to travel
- Responsible for coaching and performance management of junior staff in the department
- Strong background in commercial & contracting strategy (NEC experience ideal), procurement strategy and processes, supply chain management
- Solid understanding of differences between transactional and collaborative delivery models for infrastructure projects and programmes and the challenges experienced in making these effective
- Experience in behavioural and leadership management and/or advisory is desirable
- Strong academic background in engineering, project management or commercial management in infrastructure, ideally across a range of industries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presenting and report writing
- Experience of having run a large procurement transaction for infrastructure projects and programmes
- Professional qualification such as MCIPS, MRICS or relevant postgraduate degrees welcome
- Appreciate the chance to work on a wide range of projects and proposals simultaneously to demanding timetables
- A commercial mind-set, with the ability to maximise revenue opportunities for Strategic Procurement Advisory
- Ability to perform consistently at a high level under pressure
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Financial, Manager, Procurement, Corporate Finance, Equity, Finance, Management, Operations