3 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
WSP have recently been appointed a number of large infrastructure and property multidisciplinary design projects and are looking for enthusiastic, motivated experienced design managers to join our Integrated Project Delivery team and play a key role in leading and delivering challenging and exciting complex multidisciplinary design projects.
Our Integrated Project Delivery team provides a number of project leadership roles to our major multidisciplinary design project to assure the design meets the delivery timescales, cost, and efficiency aspirations of the client, whilst having a good management background to consider risk, change control and the challenges faced in delivering a technical design.
BEING PART OF OUR INTEGRATED DESIGN MANAGEMENT TEAM WILL SEE YOU:
* Leading a collaborative wide range of design disciplines and other suppliers engaged in delivering the project to provide leadership and direction.
* Acting as the key client contact for WSP design delivery and providing support and motivation through the project delivery.
* Application of good management practices to plan and deliver the design and support the commercial and financial aspects of the project.
* Working with others to identify risk and opportunities and ensure mitigation measures are established and implemented, evaluating and reporting efficiencies
We’d love to hear from you if have:
* Experience in working in design project management roles on a large UK multidisciplinary projects.
* Recognised technical background in delivering design projects.
* Interest/accreditation in project/design management.
* Experience in working with a large design team and have good leadership and communication skills
* Qualifications - Degree educated and a Chartered member, of a relevant professional body
* Experience – Appropriate and relevant post-graduate experience working on projects of a construction value typically greater than £150 million and with experience of coordination and/or management of the design process, managing information and having an awareness of BIM, Sustainability and 3rd party approvals processes
* Exposure to Clients – Looking for professionals that have working experience dealing directly with a variety of clients as part of a project team;
* Profession – Ideally come from an engineering or architectural background with experience of design and project management on multi-discipline projects or experience in a design assurance or engineering management role;
* Location – Various locations available, as above and preferably willing to work within the UK and internationally on short to medium secondments as the business requires.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.