9 months ago
Atkins Infrastructure business are looking to appoint an Associate Director to provide technical leadership for civil engineering designs across our major projects.
The Infrastructure business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range building and infrastructure projects.
Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects. These include Airports, Defence, Energy, Civil Infrastructure, Education, Commercial/ Residential and Rail in the UK and Abroad. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary working environment and bring exciting opportunities to influence a project from beginning to end. Our vision is to be the world’s best Infrastructure Consultancy, with a broad range of clients influencing policy and future technology.
This key post will be based out of our Euston Tower or Epsom office and will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem solving skills whilst providing good opportunities for career development. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
* Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification
* Chartered Civil / Structural Engineer
* A proven track record in managing, developing and growing a practice or department
* A proven track record in winning work and leading Key Account Management with clients
* An extensive ability to Business management and operational requirements of successfully running a department
* Ability to apply continuous improvement and effective change in an organisation
* A diverse portfolio of experience, both in technical Civil Engineering delivery and Market Sectors
* Significant demonstrable experience within a Civil Engineering Design environment with particular emphasis on site development on a small and large scale.
* Knowledge of current design codes relating to Civil Engineering including Sustainability, Innovation and Practical Application on Site
* Extensive experience in Drainage, Utilities, Earthworks, External works, Urban Realm, Roads & Highways, Statutory Requirements and Structures (retaining walls, foundations, piling, floor slabs)
* Extensive reinforced concrete design experience
* Proven track record in design delivery
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Proven track record of successful Client Management
* Experience in statutory consents, applications for connections/ discharge consents, planning approvals and assessments
* Experience of producing site assessments, from land use, to Flood Risk Assessments
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents
Rewards and Benefits
The Atkins standard benefits package
is included in the job description template
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview