about 1 year ago
AutoReq ID 122597BR
Job Title Associate Director - Asset Management - Infrastructure Advisory
Country United Kingdom
Function Deal Advisory
Service Line Corporate Finance
Service Line Information You can help clients through acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, buy-outs, major projects, initial public offerings (IPOs), real estate deals, debt structuring and issuance, and complex re-financings, distressed M&A and with business and company valuations and fairness opinions.
Globally, KPMG's Corporate Finance practice has an industry reputation for delivering forward thinking and objective advice for our global footprint and negotiation prowess, as well as an envied track record in closing successful deals. Together, our firm's Corporate Financiers have advised on or arranged critical and sensitive equity and debt transactions for some of the world's largest corporations, financial institutions and governments.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Our AMA team works with major public and private sector entities across all sectors but principally those with major capital and infrastructure commitments in Natural Resources, Energy, Power & Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence and Health and Education. This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capability in Asset Management.
We are seeking an Industry leading Asset Management professional to become the subject matter expert for KPMG UK supporting all AMA activity across the business including Internal Audit, Transactions, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting.
Services provided by the AMA Team:
- Diagnostic Services
- Maturity Assessments, Systems Audit, Benchmarking, Penetration Assessment
- Governance, Policy & Strategy, Valuation
- Asset operating Models, Asset Information, Lifecycle Delivery, Asset Risk siness’ and contributed to the Asset Management body of knowledge through the IAM.
As an Associate Director in our team you will be responsible, amongst other things for
- Developing the Asset Management Advisory business capabilities and experience.
- Leading on client engagements, operating at board level and the level below.
- Be the focus for the asset management capability and manage the use and development of the AM tools and methodologies.
- Engaging with global teams, including Global Asset Management Centre of Excellence to leverage resources and capabilities developing robust approaches to the supporting service lines.
- Supporting the development with thought leadership and speaking engagements.
- Helping to manage the day to day relationship with key client contacts, ensuring our service is responsive to their needs.
- Managing the teams and delivery of work to clients, ensuring that the quality of our deliverables are high.
- Financial management, ensuring timely raising of fee notes and assisting in recovery of fees, and keeping clients informed of costs and time incurred on an appropriately regular basis.
- Ensuring KPMG's quality and risk management procedures are completed to the appropriate standard.
- Pro-actively keeping up to date with Asset Management thinking on a global level.
- Building relationships and identifying opportunities for new assignments where KPMG can help clients helping to convert opportunities for new assignments
- Helping where there is an opportunity to add value and to meet a client need, to gain extensions to existing assignments
assisting on proposals and other business development initiatives.
- Coaching and mentoring other staff.
- Being a role model for less experienced staff and for the firm's values
We are looking for a dual qualified person who is an accredited member of ICE, IET, IAM or equivalent with significant practical experience. It is likely that they will have been involved with the development of PAS 55 or ISO55,000 standards or developed AM approaches for Infrastructure business’ and contributed to the Asset Management body of knowledge through the IAM.
- Asset management policy and strategy
- Assessing and managing asset management risks
- Asset management information and knowledge
- Dual Qualified & accredited member of ICE, IET, IAM or equivalent with significant practical experience.
- Life-cycle decision-making
- Developing asset management plans
- Managing asset lifecycle activities
- Experience focusing on realising the strategic value of asset management at enterprise level and not just the engineering/operational level application and experience engaging with board level representatives in this area.
- Transport, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Defence or Power sectors
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills.
- Good client relationship track record.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Commercial awareness.
- Relevant advisory / consulting / assurance experience.
- Managing change in asset management systems and capabilities
- Asset performance management
- Contractor and supplier management
- Demand forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Asset care and maintenance management
- Sustainable asset management
- Techniques for whole-life costing and accounting
- Asset management information systems
- It would also be an advantage if the individual had practical experience of providing advisory services and if the individual had worked across a number of sectors.
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Manager, Consulting, Business Development, Information Systems, Risk Management, Management, Technology, Sales, Finance