10 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
‘At Sky Broadcast Technologies Design, we are looking for an Associate Design Engineer to join our team, you will have key focus’ including designing, delivering and enhancing a variety of Broadcast Systems such as Studio facilities, Master Control Room’s (MCR’s), Playout & Transmission and Linear OTT & DTH compression systems’ – Head of Broadcast Technologies
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning London, UK campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
– Design of resilient and robust broadcast designs to make an impact in Sky’s key systems contributing to its on-going success.
– Creation and maintaining of high-level designs documentation
– Creation of accurate low-level design and configuration documentation.
– Work with Manufacturers and stake holders on requirement gathering and new technologies to broaden your experience to deliver new functionality for our customers & audiences.
– Solid understanding of Broadcast Engineering principles, understanding of Video and Audio Technologies including compression/encoding technologies.
– Knowledge of SDI over IP standards (including SMPTE2022-6/7 and ST2110)
– Good knowledge of networking fundamentals and Ethernet based technologies. (TCP/IP, UDP, QoS etc).
– Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present their ideas in front of stake holders and colleagues from a range of business areas and backgrounds.
– Good knowledge and experience in use of Windows/MAC/Linux and applications such as MS Office/Visio/OmniGraffle is desirable.
– Core skills such as attention to detail, problem solving and an ability to ‘Think outside of the box’.
– Working knowledge of AutoCAD
– Knowledge of virtualisation and cloud technologies (virtualised playout, S3 object storage)
– BSc/MSc. in Engineering, electronics or a science-based field or a Media Based engineering qualification.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.