10 months ago
Job Title : Associate Building Surveyor
Location : Bristol
Category : Building Surveying
Type : Permanent Full-time
Salary : Highly competitive
Reference # : RG1623
Associate Building Surveyor
With one of the largest teams of chartered surveyors in the property sector, located in regional offices across the UK, we have a depth and breadth of experience, expertise and local knowledge to support our clients at every stage of property investment, ownership and occupation from acquisition to disposal.
Due to our continuing success and as we continue to expand as a company and within our Building Surveying team in Bristol; we are now on the lookout for a passionate and driven individual who is looking to develop their career.
* Client management and contract administration/practice duties
* Provide advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of residential and commercial property
* Carry out building and measured surveys
* Ensure buildings conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards
* Taking particulars on site, writing up specifications, obtaining estimates, planning maintenance programmes and administering contracts for maintenance work
* Analyse and report on building defects
* Handling claims and negotiations with loss adjusters leading to the preparation of drawings and specifications for remedial work
* Prepare schedules of dilapidations (land and buildings)
* Provide advice in connection with planning applications, appeals, boundary disputes, government grants, conducting arbitrations and acting as an expert witness
* Supervision of building work on site
•Relevant degree qualified - RICS approved
The role will require you to be the key point of contact with our prestigious clients, therefore a high level of communication skills and commercial awareness are essential for being successful in this role.
You will be of an analytical mind with a high level of intellect - combining excellent written and oral skills to produce considered and robust reports and recommendations. You will need to demonstrate the capable of eventually managing individual team members with picking up and organising their project work and where necessary, assisting them on projects.
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
•25 days holiday and study leave
•Standard 6% Ridge Contribution
•Highly competitive salary
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from social housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental, ISO18001 Health & Safety and with Investors in People. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 600 people in ten offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
Closing Date : 14th December 2019