about 1 year ago
About the Role
At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
As a part of our specialist offering, we have a strong Ecology team who support a diverse range of projects across a number of sectors both within the UK and internationally for both private and public sector clients. The team pride themselves on the integrated support we offer within the team and by working alongside our in-house water, landscape, arboriculture and sustainability specialists to deliver commercially balanced, innovative and integrated solutions.
We are looking to appoint an Associate Director or Associate grade Ecologist to lead an expanding team in Manchester and act as team leader.
A typical week would include:
* The successful candidate will be involved in generating opportunities, preparation of tenders and over-seeing the delivery and management of a range of ecological deliverables (technical, commercial and financial) in support of our client’s projects.
* Leading the delivery of ecological inputs on projects at various scales including large-scale multi-disciplinary projects.
* Leading the Manchester Ecology Team, they will also take an active role in assuring quality of output and mentoring junior staff.
* The post holder will play a key role within a growing ecology team, helping to nurture an enthusiastic, supportive and productive working environment.
* It is anticipated that the successful candidate will split their time between the office and field; however, there will also be the requirement to attend client, and business development meetings.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* An enthusiastic, confident and positive approach with excellent communication and project and people management skills;
* Experience across a range of UK habitats and protected species and will hold (or have held) survey and mitigation licences;
* A proven record of supporting clients through devising and delivering survey programmes, developing pragmatic, cost-effective mitigation, gaining the agreement of regulators and supervising implementation on-site;
* Experience of Ecological Impact Assessment and writing Environmental Statement chapters;
* A proven record of winning work from commercial clients, particularly in the residential, mixed use and highways sectors;
* Full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.