about 1 year ago
Job Title: Associate/Associate Director - Drainage and Flood Risk
Reports to: Technical Director (London)
Main Purpose of the Job
The Land Development team in Pell Frischmann’s London office is currently recruiting for a drainage and flood risk engineer at Associate/Associate Director level to head the team and play a leading part in the direction and capabilities of the Land Development, Transport & Highways and Structures Team.
The team works on a diverse portfolio of projects incorporating flood risk, flood alleviation, drainage strategy and drainage infrastructure elements for a broad range of predominantly private sector clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Contributing to developing a specialist flood risk management and drainage team alongside the Technical Director and Head of Land Development.
* Project management of flooding and drainage related projects for strategic land owners, developers and other PF clients;
* Proven ability to prepare and present flood risk and drainage evidence at both ‘Examination in Public’ and Public Inquiries for a variety of projects;
* Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills;
* Line management and mentoring of individuals;
* Carrying out own discipline technical and other work as required on assigned projects;
* Technical quality of work from team (own discipline); and
* Assisting development of business growth strategies, delivery of internal and external client presentations and generating leads.
* Suitable science or civil engineering degree
* Professionally qualified.
* Experience of drainage design and designing and implementing SuDS for new residential and commercial developments.
* A good understanding of the requirements of the local flood authorities and the Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage.
* Preparation of Flood Risk Reports and Drainage Strategies to support emerging masterplans and planning applications.
* Development of detailed design proposals to support the implementation of a SuDS strategy.
* Able to complete drainage design (using AutoCAD, Civil 3D and MicroDrainage;
* Experience in preparing and submitting S104 Applications and providing drainage design support for S106 and S278 designs
* Previous experience working within a consulting engineering organisation,
* Experience preparing fee proposals, and contributing towards tender responses and bids