about 1 month ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“Our team is responsible for Access network design of the Sky retail and business VoIP network. We’re looking forward to welcoming someone new to our friendly, driven team” – David Cohen, Head of Access Network Development
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
The primary purpose of the Associate Access CPE Test Engineer is to carry out CPE (Customer Premise Equipment) network testing and firmware deployment for Sky supplied in-home products.
– Develop and test new Sky broadband products (incl. xDSL, G.Fast, FTTP and wireless technologies) and services.
– Test new CPE features, bug fixes and firmware for new and legacy devices.
– Conduct root cause analysis of issues found.
– Work closely with our CPE vendors to develop new features, understand issues and ensure timely fixes are available.
– Manage new firmware rollouts and ensure firmware consistency across all devices.
– Manage and develop Access CPE lab environment.
– Aspiration to work in the Communication Service Provider industry.
– Theory and knowledge of broadband technologies as used in the UK.
– Understanding of the types of services supported in a modern converged CSP network.
– Understanding of ADSL, VDSL, FTTC/H and associated diagnostics would be an advantage.
– Concepts of network communications protocols are highly desirable.
– Internet technologies (TCP/IP, FTP, Wi-Fi, Ethernet)
– Enthusiasm and a genuine interest in networks and technology.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about
23 days ago
only 6 days until close
26 days ago
only 3 days until close
27 days ago
only 2 days until close
23 days ago
only 5 days until close