about 1 month ago
We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality.
Amey Consulting’s Highways teams impact the journeys of millions across the UK, by working in partnership with a range of clients and providing consultancy design services for Strategic and Local Highway networks.
Due to the increased workload, we are seeking to recruit an Assistant Surveyor. The successful candidate will work collaboratively within Amey.
As an Assistant Surveyor at Amey, you’ll see your work from the early stages to the very end result, and every project will be different from the last. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions.
In a typical week you will:
* Provide guidance on best methods and practice to meet technical and project requirements with the help and approval of Senior Surveyors
* Monitor relevant technical aspects of quality plans
* Report variances and provide suggestions for corrective actions
* Keep up to date with industry best practice
* Manage a portfolio of small projects across all aspects of Building Surveying
* Undertaking site inspections and surveys of all types
* Liaise with clients on technical matters
* Provide input into project quality plans
* Implement Company quality procedures on all projects
* Ensure compliance with Health and Safety, Environmental and other appropriate legislation.
* Contribute to the formulation of the monthly financial reports, both internal management accounts and external applications for payment in conjunction with the principal surveyor
* Assist senior surveyors in the Business Development process in producing information for PQQs and Tenders
Skills & experience
We want to hear from you if:
* Related degree leading to membership of the RICS or equivalent professional body
* Clean driving licence
* Good communication and presentation skills
* Strong project management and coordination skills
* Able problem solving and technical realisation skills
* Sound knowledge of Building Regulations, CDM, Planning, Health and Safety, and other relevant legislation
* Proficient with AutoCAD, NBS, and MS Office Suite
* MS Project an advantage
* Experience as a Building Surveyor
* Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary consultancy environment
* An enthusiastic and dynamic approach to people and projects
* Proven track record to demonstrate skills and qualifications
* Forward-thinking and interested in developing smart ways of working with teams to realise client and operational objectives
* Motivated and engaged
* Commercially aware
* Well organised
* Environmental awareness
* IOSH working safely
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
* Competitive salary
* Exceptional development and progression plan
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
* Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare and dental
We strongly encourage the development towards a professional qualification with a recognised Institution and pride ourselves on mentoring engineers.
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have an impact, making a genuine difference in people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.