10 months ago
The Assistant Superintendent is assigned specific field operations on the project. He/she is responsible for timely and profitable completion of each assignment. The Assistant Superintendent will not be required to perform manual labor in this position but will actively and independently manage those who do.
What You'll Do:
• Responsible for the safety of all assigned employees and subcontractors to ensure the safe execution of all activities, including the strict adherence to company safety policies and programs through the communication and enforcement of the Skanska Safety and Health Management Program, including the ability to independently stop work for a safety violation or suspected safety violation;
• Supervise, on a day-to-day basis, on-site field labor force;
• Inspection of Contractor or Subcontract operations to ensure compliance with Contract and determine non-compliance where applicable;
• Create and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Project Manager;
• Conduct quality inspections and determine Quality Control deficiencies;
• Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts;
• Ensure compliance with project and Skanska’s DBE compliance program;
• Monitor costs, including labor time and material;
• Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules and ensuring all assigned activities take place on or ahead of scheduled dates, including the exercise of decision-making to reschedule and/or re-coordinate work to ensure compliance with applicable project schedules;
• Prepare and submit Superintendent’s Daily Reports;
• Attend and participate in project meetings, including subcontractor meetings.
We're Looking For:
• Knowledge and understanding Labor Regulations;
• Computer proficient with ability to adapt to new innovations and processes;
• Capable of understanding construction documents including drawings, standards, and specifications;
• Strong written, communication and problem-solving skills;
• Good math/accounting skills;
• Good leadership skills;
• Functions effectively as part of a team;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills;
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
• Bachelor of Science in Construction or Engineering preferred, but experience may be considered in lieu of same;
• Basic knowledge of construction industry including equipment, labor, means and methods;
• 2 years of related industry experience.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
* Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
* Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
* Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2017 by Forbes.