9 months ago
About the Role
We currently have two requirements within our Lincoln office for an Assistant Site Engineer. To be successful for this role you will either have experience or specialize within Highways or Structures work.
As part of the Structures team you will assist in carrying out construction monitoring of the structures, including bridges, retaining walls and culverts, in accordance with the requirements and timescales set out in the Contract.
And as part of the Highways team you will assist in carrying out construction monitoring of the Highway works, including carriageway, drainage and earthworks, in accordance with the requirements and timescales set out in the Contract.
As one of the world’s leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we’re passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that’s all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that’ll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
A typical week would include:
* Work collaboratively with Stakeholders and other involved parties to facilitate successful delivery of the construction phases.
* Assist in carrying out construction monitoring of the structures, including bridges, retaining walls and culverts, in accordance with the requirements and timescales set out in the Contract, and to the required quality.
* Accurate record keeping of relevant site activities including diary entries, photographs and drawing and schedule changes.
* Review Contractor-submitted information, including, but not limited to: Risk Assessments; Technical Queries; Method Statements; Quality Plans; and Inspection & Test Plans.
* Input into Stage 3 Road Safety Audits.
* Assist in carrying out final inspections relating to sectional Completion of the works.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* Previous good experience as a Site Monitor under NEC ECC, preferably gained on medium- to large-sized highway schemes.
* Good site experience.
* Good knowledge of the design of highway structures in accordance with the DMRB, and other relevant standards and procedures.
* Good knowledge and understanding of relevant disciplines including the design and construction of highway roadworks, structures, earthworks, drainage, etc under DMRB, SHW and other relevant standards and procedures.
* Good familiarity of NEC3 ECC.
* Good experience in management of Health, Safety and Welfare on construction sites.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
A little about us:
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out for more info about the great work we do.