25 days ago
About the Role:
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
Do you want to work on projects that make a real difference to local communities?
Do you want to get involved in all project stages, from inception to construction?
Do you want to deliver for a client who prioritises Active Travel and cares about the future of mobility?
Do you want to work with an organisation that is driving down the negative impacts of travel?
Do you want opportunities to develop your career to achieve your full potential?
Do you want to work for an organisation that values who you are, where everyone has a voice?
If the answer to those questions is yes, then WSP in Hertfordshire is the place for you.
In Hertfordshire we work with the County Council to provide fully integrated professional services – client and consultant working side by side to deliver shared objectives. Our close relationship with the Councils’ contractors creates a seamless service provision that gives a rare insight into the whole industry.
Hertfordshire County Council has declared itself the ‘County of Opportunity’. It’s facing the future with a determination to tackle climate change, target Net Zero, deliver sustainable services and achieve good growth. Active Travel is at the forefront of its thinking and embedded as the priority in the latest Local Transport Plan. This way of thinking is put into practice with the Gilston and Harlow New Town, Hatfield Business Park Living Lab and Mass Rapid Transport alongside more routine projects.
If you have a passion for engineering, but more importantly have a passion for innovation, looking to the future and adapting your work to meet the challenges of tomorrow, then we want to speak to you.
A typical week would include:
WSPs Local Government Discipline is a great place to work. As a world leader in civil engineering, our dedicated LG Discipline supports Local Authorities across the length and breadth of UK, so the chances are the projects you work on will directly help improve your local area.
So, if you are ready to take this next step in your career, we can’t wait to hear from you!
All our Engineers take on project responsibility from the outset invariably owning their own projects from the very outset and at all stages through to construction. Your role will be at the heart of our high performing team, using your skills and expertise to help us continue driving forward in terms of both technical quality and service efficiency.
* Own and lead the design process, encouraging your and wider teams to deliver the right solutions to the agreed programme and support those less experienced by technical review, mentoring and advice.
* Managing projects to ensure coordination of multi-disciplinary inputs.
* Managing resources effectively (including remote resource) and efficiently to meet fluctuating work loads
* Working with Clients and design teams to deliver compliant designs on time and within budget and meeting H&S, CDM, QA and technical review requirements.
* Participating in tender bids and business development opportunities as they arise.
* Developing relationships with other WSP teams to utilise additional resources as required.
* Agreeing fees and managing the commercial position on projects.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree or HNC/HND qualification in a relevant discipline.
* Experience and knowledge in the development of highway, traffic and civil engineering projects, especially those that promote sustainable and active travel modes.
* Team and Line Management experience.
* Experience in project and resource management with good financial and commercial awareness.
* A sound understanding of CDM Regulations 2015
* Proven knowledge in design, maintenance and supervision of highways related projects.
* A working knowledge of relevant design standards ie TSRGD, Traffic Signs Manual, Manual for Streets and LTN1/20
* Good knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW) in relation to Highway projects.
* A working knowledge of contract documents and in particular NEC3/4
* Knowledge on the application of 3D design packages
* Sound knowledge of CAD
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy – we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
We value our people and our reputation
We stand for attracting, developing, engaging and retaining the best professionals in our fields of expertise, because our people are what make us great. We put the highest ethical standards at the centre of all we do. We are professional, humble and act with moral and intellectual integrity, keep our word, treat everyone with respect, support our colleagues and embrace diversity.
We care about individuals and their progress and offer the most fulfilling career development for our professionals. We promote our young recruits because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
Find your career path at WSP.
Please note that WSP reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date