about 1 year ago
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Belfast
About the role
We have a vacancy for an Assistant Surveyor to join our QS team working on a range of health and infrastructure projects worth over £200m. The role will provide effective surveying assistance to senior and team colleagues as directed to ensure that a high level of technical, financial and commercial control is maintained on projects.
You will also working as part of a multidisciplinary team undertaking feasibility studies, design, planning, procurement and undertake construction stage cost management.
About Capita | Local Government, Health & Property
Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure is one of the UK’s largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale.
We have over 4,000 staff at 50+ offices in the UK and internationally, offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
We do much more than simply delivering projects; we design, manage and partner. We focus on building strategic relationships with our clients - delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimising the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention. We support them at all stages of a project or programme, and our understanding of the key risks and challenges means that we direct effort where it is most needed.
We are well renowned for delivering Project Management Services and Procurement Expertise on Water & Wastewater, Leisure, Health and Building Projects. Over 20 years we have retained and grown a portfolio of Public and Private Sector Clients.
What you will do:
* Drawing measurements: Taking off and producing budget cost estimates and cost planning.
* Tender document production
* Bills of Quantities, Schedules of Work and Activity Schedule preparation.
* Assisting the development of cost plans
* Initial value engineering
* Reviewing tender returns
* Attending design team meetings
* Site visits to review application for payment.
* Continuing development of cost plans
* Valuation certificate production
* Reviewing contractor's application for payment.
* Analysis of sub-contractor packages with contractor
* Preparation of financial reports during the construction phase.
* Final account information: Review Contractor submissions and report accordingly Production for review and issue.
* Participate in value engineering workshops and analysis of findings.
* Providing general support for senior surveyors and above on all aspects of the QS role both pre contract and post contract.
* Provide project information to marketing and cost planning as required.
The ideal candidate will be confident, articulate and possess excellent written and oral communication skills with a desire to progress in the field of Quantity Surveying. Candidates will be keen to progress to Chartered Status and undertake additional job-specific training.
Your experience will include:
* HNC, HND, BSc/ MSc in Quantity Surveying
* Working towards Chartered (RICS) status
* Up to 5 years industry experience
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* MS Office Proficient
* A full driving licence
* Good planning and organising skills
* Strong time management skills
* Team working
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Experience in health or building sectors
* Experience of NEC3 Project Management (to discuss with MA/LS)
* Programming (MS Project or similar) (to discuss with MA/LS)
* BIM Proficient
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 25 day’s holiday,company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver