23 days ago
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a large maintenance contract with multiple disciplines to gain experience of maintenance and scheme work. This will be working with a prestigious client in Highways England, providing a service to keep the network moving in the current climate.
Working as part of the QS team, assisting the Commercial Manager you will accurately value the works undertaken by the operational teams and, where necessary, gather and provide records to substantiate cost.
What will the role involve?
* The varied work load includes Highway Maintenance covering drainage, Soft Estate, VRS Barriers and Sweeping and Cleaning.
* To assist in the daily commercial and contractual aspects of the contracts managed by the operational team
* Financial monitoring and reporting of projects assigned and preparation of associated financial statements
* Assist the Commercial Manager to ensure proper administration of the Contract requirements
* Assist with completion of account
* Gather and collate records of all work done
* Check all contract documents before work commences and advise Commercial Manager of abnormalities or peculiarities
* Assist with payment authorisation of subcontractors
* Ensure prompt submission of invoices and applications for payment
* To assist the Business Development process in producing information for PQQs and Tenders in relation to the project deliverable to the client and the project deliverable requirement to the business
* To provide advice and guidance to staff in other professions
What are we looking for?
* HNC or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
* Degree in relevant discipline would be advantageous
* Clean driving Licence
* Commercially aware
* Proven track record to demonstrate skills and qualifications
* Experience/knowledge of working in a multi-disciplinary environment
* Experience/knowledge in the preparation of the interim and final accounts
* Experience/knowledge in Sub Contractor Management and the process of applications and payments
* Experience/knowledge in NEC maintenance contracts working with Schedule of Rates or similar
* Enthusiastic, energetic and dynamic approach to people and projects
* Well organised
* Good communication skills
* Forward thinking and interested in developing smart ways of working with teams to realise client and operational objectives
* Motivated and engaged
* Environmental Awareness
* Tool Box talk
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.