4 months ago
We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Utilities Business Group, based in our head office in London to work on Imperial Park, which is a National Grid project. Murphy Group have been engaged to supply and design the horizontal directional drill for a double circuit connecting the existing Imperial Park 400kv substation to the newly constructed St Brides 25kv substation.
At Murphy we also believe in creating a community focused on function first, thus further enhancing your experience. We want the best and we are committed to making you the best by supporting you with a strong management structure, involvement in business and function improvement initiatives and if required supporting you through chartership, whether that is RICS or ICES.
Commercial Services Delivery
* Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
* Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
* Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
* Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
* Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
* Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
* Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
* Use the cost allocation/coding which satisfies both internal and external requirements.
* Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required
* Positive engagement with Client equivalent position.
* Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
* Drafting of subcontracts including professional services.
* Identification of insurance claims and understanding policy coverage.
* Cash Management including WIP control and cash flow production
* Undertake any other work as required of you by your line manager
* Attend client engagement events for equivalent level customer feedback.
* Involvement in Business Improvement Initiatives.
Skills and Experience
* Commercially astute. Knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement.
* Experience of NEC Framework contracts
* Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
* Good communication skills including presentations and ability to negotiate and persuade others.
* Experience within a construction/engineering/similar and commercial background.