5 months ago
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Job number: UK12207
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Commercial
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our Regional team to work at Heathrow Airport.
* To provide assistance to the Commercial/quantity surveying team in relation to commercial & contractual control and support the co-ordination of the efforts of all parties involved in the execution of a specific project or range of projects.
What you'll be doing
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will:
* Carry out tasks as instructed by various members of the Commercial/quantity surveying team, such as measurement for valuations;
* Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions;
* Assist in the management and maintenance of the contract cost reporting system as directed by the line manager;
* Prepare cash flows for payments in and out;
* Assist in the preparation of accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value;
* Assist with sub-contract tender process and support the preparation of sub-contract documentation;
* Prepare payment certificates for sub-contract work.
Who we're looking for
* Have some previous relevant experience in quantity surveying;
* Be a member of a relevant professional body and/or working towards a relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE;
* Hold a valid CSCS card;
* Have awareness of the tendering processes;
* Have awareness of the various forms of contracts used in the construction industry;
* Have knowledge and an understanding of commercial management of construction projects and the construction processes in general.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.