9 months ago
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Salary negotiable plus excellent benefit package
Based in East Anglia
Reporting to the Quantity Surveyor/Project Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor, the Assistant QS is required to assist Quantity, Project Quantity Surveyors and Senior Surveyors in their duties.
* Assist the procurement process to maximise profit and help ensure subcontract orders are placed on time and in accordance with the company policy.
* Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project.
* Act in VFL’s best commercial interests at all times.
* To act professionally at all times.
* Work with and develop the trainee surveyor on the project if applicable.
Required Qualifications / Expertise
* Undertaking an accredited course by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES).
* Alternatively, a degree with some numerical or technical is advantageous. Relevant HND subjects include building/construction, urban and land studies, civil engineering and structural engineering
For full job description: Assistant QS- Job Description.docx