10 months ago
Assistant Quality/Environmental (AMS) Co-ordinator - fixed term contract (11 months) (LON0000CV)
: United Kingdom-London-London
: Quality Assurance
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
We are seeking an Assistant Quality/Environmental Coordinator to join an existing Quality, Environmental and H&S team (AMS team) as maternity cover. The role would be to provide administrative assistance to the London team, conduct internal audits, compile reports and assist with the continued implementation of the ISO certified management systems. The post is based in our office in Fitzrovia, London. This role is a full time 11 month maternity cover position (ending Jan 2019).
This is a business/internal facing role and the post holder will be liaising with a range of contacts in the wider Arup team (predominantly within the London AMS team), UKMEA AMS team project managers, H&S duty holder and business services.
The candidate joins the team at an exciting time as we roll out updated procedures for the 2015 versions of the ISO standards and a new project planning tool.
The role is to provide administration support to the AMS team as well as deliver internal audits and review quality documentation for projects. The administration support for the team includes but is not limited to travel booking, arranging and administering meetings, running reports, diary management, tracking team actions, uploading documents to various databases, tracking training attendance.
As the role is part of an HSQE team we are looking for someone with a background in either Quality management or environmental management.
For the technical side the candidate will be conducting internal audits on Arup projects, internal audits cover Quality, H&S and Environmental Management Systems. Assisting on Quality/Environmental Management and PQPs for construction/infrastructure projects. It will require assisting with bid submission responses on corporate information, tracking project plan anomalies and missing project plans using the Arup software.
• Joining a team of 6 in London which is part of a 30 person team UKMEA wide
• Reports to the London AMS coordinator
• Internal business facing post liaising with London AMS team, UKMEA AMS team project managers, H&S duty holder and business services
• Will be using Arup internal software and processes to deliver on team objectives. Standard Microsoft packages.
• Training on Arup internal processes will be provided and support is provided by the other London team members
Requirements and skills:
The ideal candidate for this role should be an engaging, enthusiastic and confident individual with the interest in Arup’s business and the desire to be involved.
• Educated to degree standard or to be able to demonstrate vocational/experiential attainment to a comparative level
• Experience with Project Quality Plans or Environmental Plans
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and confident in dealing with people at all levels
• Demonstrable strong written skills
• Have carried out some internal audits (Quality or Environmental)
• Excellent knowledge of Excel for compiling and running reports
• Excellent knowledge of traditional software packages (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint)
• The ability to learn new systems quickly such as travel booking tools, timesheets, job filing, room booking
• The ability to remain positively motivated and foster team spirit at times of significant pressure, including assisting others to meet deadlines
• Excellent time management skills; the role entails a high degree of self-management
• A methodical approach, with attention to detail and a willingness to undertake a wide variety of tasks
• The ability to fit into a well-established small team
Essential Skills and Knowledge
You should have demonstrable evidence of typically 2 years’ experience of working in either a quality management role or environmental management role. Demonstrable examples of using it in the construction industry would be favoured. Experience of carrying out internal audits, with or without supervision and some auditor training is also essential.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge :
• Experience of both Quality and Environmental Management systems
• Appreciation of OHSAS 18001 management systems
• Lead Auditor Qualification
• Member of the Chartered Institute for Quality Management or IEMA (or similar institute)
Reward and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent and specific term staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. Although specific-term employees cannot access the firm’s Flexible Benefit scheme, you will benefit from receiving the grade-related flex fund as additional cash.
In addition specific term employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.