9 months ago
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Be a part of our project management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where you can oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
The assistant project manager is likely to work within such a team and will have a diverse role within it supporting delivery of work during all project phases within tasks areas.
The role will work closely with other project teams, including commercial, procurement, construction, engineering, project controls, operations and safety.
The assistant project manager reports to the team project manager and will actively support the wider programme management team once assigned to a sub-programme area.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Coordinating and recording meetings with key project stakeholders (internal and external).
* Supporting, coordinating and attending multi-disciplinary team and joint management team meetings.
* Organising and coordinating technical engineering, cost, contractor and scheduling meetings on behalf of the programme manager.
* Encouraging and promoting actively continual development of challenging collaborative working behaviours to maintain efficient and effective delivery relationships between design, procurement, pre-construction planning and construction teams.
* Producing all project documentation required to successfully deliver the project scope.
* Developing and implementing management systems, as required, supporting delivery and quality as specified by the project controls department.
* Ensuring that wider NNB arrangements are implemented, as appropriate, within the programme of works and advising the management team of any necessary actions to ensure this.
* Facilitating internal communications within the project delivery team and the wider project teams.
* Assisting the project manager delivering the list of deliverables (LOD).
* Assisting the project manager in applying the principles of earned value management (EVM).
* Assisting in upholding the principles of continuous improvement.
* Interfacing with other teams within nuclear new build (NNB), on specific tasks as required, under the direction of the programme manager for the team.
* Supervising, supporting and assisting on tasks required to support the project manager’s delivery of the project and contract scope for the client.
* Liaising and interfacing with the other key teams within NNB on specific tasks which are required to support the principle task of delivery of the project and contract scope for the client.
* Developing, implementing and providing ongoing support towards the use of management systems which will support delivery and quality of the outputs from the project controls department, including planning and document control processes.
* Participating in providing support to the team with regard to compliance with approved NNB procedures.
* Participating in developing the relationships with key statutory stakeholders for the client’s project.
* Managing the project delivery of documents required to secure project delivery including those required for ONR L4 meetings. This will include the overall planning schedule, as well as detailed schedules for associated technical work streams.
* Ensuring that a full and auditable archive of project decisions is maintained to document the project evolution and history.
* Supporting the project management functions of the technical work streams to help ensure they are completed on time and on budget, supporting the management of commercial and technical Work through all phases of the project.
* Supporting the development of joint management team and collaborative working to reinforce working behaviours against agreed principles and objectives.
* Supporting the commercial and programme managers in the preparation of necessary budget justifications, internal business papers and other approvals to the NNB project board.
* Providing support to some of the technical contract leads in their dealings with suppliers.
It should be noted that this job description is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities and activities that the job holder may be required to undertake.
* A degree or similar qualification in engineering, construction or related field.
* Member of the Association of Project Managers or able to demonstrate an understanding of the APM project management Body of Knowledge principles.
* Implementation of project management and organisational skills, which has been gained through practical experience and preferably recognised with a qualification.
* Involvement in managing projects through the project lifecycle from concept to handover.
* Familiarity of nuclear safety case and its purpose.
* Expertise in CDM regulations.
* Commercial awareness.
* Ability to cope well under pressure and within tight timeframes.
* Undertake individual working to a high level of attention to detail.
* Understanding the needs of nuclear quality and how nuclear quality is assured and controlled.
* Understand how to apply a graded approach to quality.
* Excellent written and oral presentation skills, able to communicate effectively and interact with senior managers.
* Exceptional people management skills, with the ability to build relationships, influence and work collaboratively within complex, internal and external, multidisciplinary groups.
* Ability to display and communicate a logical thought process, with excellent analytical skills, including capabilities for budget analysis and forecasting.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”