5 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
WSP are seeking an Assistant Project Manager to project manage the delivery of technical Land Services projects.
A typical week would include:
* Managing the interface between the Client and WSP, and to manage all progress reporting and cost controls in collaboration with the lead land referencer (Technical Manager) on the project
* Identifying your counterpart on the client project team to determine client expectations and discuss how to achieve these with Principal PM.
* Ensuring compliance with the WSP Business Management System and Land Service Project Control requirements
* Forecasting and cost to complete reporting to client (using client specified method and processes) and internally using off-line work books (T401) and online using Business World Application
* Leading risk workshops where appropriate in line with internal and client expectations
* Programming in collaboration with the lead land referencer on the project
* Using appropriate metrics to track progress against an accepted programme
* Understanding and inputting into the scope of works to identify scope change through regular dialogue with the lead referencer
* Appropriately informing or challenging the client where scope creep has been identified. Being assertive in relation to establishing a change process will be key to sacksful management of cost vs profit and client expectations for this role
* Developing KPIs with assistance from the Technical Manager and Principal PM
* Feeding into business development and the Project Management Community of Practice
We’d love to hear from you if have:
* GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) alongside a degree in a relevant subject
* Industry experience working on projects managing budget of over 70k and teams of upwards of 4 people
* Industry experience working on small to medium sized infrastructure projects would be advantageous
* Introductory APM or Prince Qualification
* Knowledge of structured project control processes
* Basic knowledge and understanding of construction contracts and processes
* Excellent communication skills with a proactive approach to tasks
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.