5 months ago
About the role
Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, and Crossrail. The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 350+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices across the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit an Assistant Project Manager to support our cost control function in the team. This role will see you measuring an valuing the works in line with contractual entitlement, being at the forefront of contributing to the delivery of the agreed financial expectations for a vast portfolio of works.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
A typical week would involve:
* Responsible for providing assistance and relevant data to the Commercial and Project Management team in all commercial aspects.
* Deliver the necessary activities to accurately capture cost.
* To support the with the management of subcontractors by providing accurate cost to date and forecast.
* Produce monthly cost and value data to support forecasts to completion of the projects as directed.
* Assist in the preparation of any data required to populate commercial reports including Cost Value Reconciliations, erned value analysis and cash flows as directed.
* Be proactive in identifying, assessing, valueing, reporting and tracking change (variations) with the support from the project team.
* Be proactive in identifying, assessing, valueing, reporting and tracking early warnings, claims and extentions of time to the works in conjunction with the project management team.
* Timely submission of complete and accurate data in the prescribed format.
* Validate data and populate performance reporting systems at the prescribed frequency.
* Producing periodic reports showing performance against targets.
* Highlight any identified financial issues/risks to the project team.
* Work within strict deadlines required under the Contract and as required by the business.
We want to hear from you if:
* Exceptional attention to detail and good organisational skills.
* Methodical style of working.
* Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Wiliness to take accountability for the delivery of tasks.
* Computer literate and conversant with the MS Office suite with excellent Excel skills.
* Team player
About Amey Consulting
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.
You’ll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better.