about 1 month ago
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
What is the purpose of this role?
* To support the Project Manager in the delivery of allocated multidisciplinary design and build projects as part of the E&P team, safely and in accordance with legislation and Amey Procedures to contract specification and programme.
What will this role involve?
* Promote safe working practices, and ensure full implementation, adherence, and compliance with all Health and Safety Policies, Procedures and Responsibilities
* Audit and inspect on-site procedures to the stipulated frequencies
* Assist the Senior Project Manager and Project Manager in the management of internal and external design teams, ensuring they achieve targets and milestones set.
* Liaise with and obtain quotes from sub-contractors for specialist work items, in accordance with Company procurement procedures
* Assist in the planning, programming and resourcing of site activities in line with the programme.
* Prepare site paperwork associated with site works in accordance with Company HSEQ procedures and policies (WPP's, TBS's, Risk Assessments, ALO Plans etc)
* Liaise with internal Company environmental team to understand environmental constraints and mitigation on schemes
* Ensure that commercial change is captured and reported to the Client at the earliest opportunity
* Support the delivery of the Amey Essentials Assist in the production of accurate forecasts for cost and turnover achieving forecast margins for allocated contracts
* Timely submission of weekly and period end reports to an agreed format
* Participate in the contract review process
* Support the tender processes and strategy as required
What are we looking for?
* Must be able to drive, with a full current and valid driving licence
* Min HNC / HND in Engineering (or a similar approved qualification)
* Computer literacy – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
* Understanding of Railway Planning systems
* Basic project management experience in multi-disciplinary project environment
* A motivated individual who can handle a demanding role
* A hands-on approach, ideally with site experience
* Satisfy requirements of PTS medical
* Health & Safety Training (IOSH)
* Knowledge of Risk Assessment techniques
* Environmental Awareness Tool Box Talk
* Project management qualifications are desirable (e.g. Prince2, APM)
What makes this role unique?
* You will assist in site monitoring and cost control / reporting for allocated contracts in a timely manner and approved format.
* Involvement in all stages of a project from inception to handback
* This role is also available as a Project Manager position for suitable candidates.