23 days ago
Assistant Project Manager
UK - Royston
Vacancy: Assistant Project Manager
Job family: Engineering
Johnson Matthey are recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager who will be responsible for supporting the successful, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project. The Assistant Project Manager will take the lead on Document Control, Risk Management and Change Control ensuring smooth delivery of these elements of the project with the EPCm Contractor. You will also act as an interface between the Comm 1 project, Battery Materials stakeholders, wider JM key stakeholders, and contractors. You will represent the Senior Project Manager, and communicate project process, risk and issues at a senior level as needed.
* Support the Senior Project Manager in managing their stakeholders across multiple locations, ensuring communication is effective between the sites. Support the Senior Project Manager with reporting, analysis and presentations as required. Ensure any stakeholder issues and concerns are reported back to the Senior Project Manager accurately
* Support the monitoring, review and reporting of all project attributes including safety, budget, cost, resource and risk, ensuring that there are adequate processes and controls in place within the team. Prepare and deliver required reports and presentations to support the Senior PM and escalate significant issues to the Senior PM / Sponsor/s where necessary
* Manage and increase stakeholder engagement through effective consistent and coordinated communication of key messages. Help manage the flow of information with EXCO, STEERCO, GMC, MPRB, project teams, third parties and other key stakeholders
* Work with the Project Engineering Manager to deliver changes with the EPCm contractor ensuring alignment with Operations, Technical and Process Design teams
* Interface across business Functional Teams to deliver document control from the ECPm contractor to JM systems
* Act as Comm 1 Risk manager ensuring the ECPm contractor has maintained risk logs, mitigation actions, impact assessments to meet schedule, budget and quality to JM requirements. Track progress of each risk to ensure deadlines are met
* In conjunction with the Project Controls Manager and Project Engineering Manager, develop and operate effective governance and reporting processes for the Comm 1 project, taking responsibility for comm 1 change control. Proactively ensure there are timely and appropriate solutions developed to fulfil the business requirements
* Ensure the Project Change Work Packages have the appropriate support in terms of schedule, change, risk, cost management, lessons learnt, continuous improvement etc., are in place in all new projects
* Support the Project Control Manager to establish and maintain effective governance and reporting processes for the project, taking account of any wider organisations’ governance/audit requirements.
Are you the ideal candidate?
* Demonstratable experience as a project manager with a Prince2, MSP or P6 qualification
* Experience of working with senior internal and external stakeholders
* Experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders to drive desired business outcomes
* Bachelor’s Degree – MSc or MBA or equivalent
* Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages and Understanding of document control / SharePointExcellent management and communication skills
* Capable of leading, directing teams and managing stakeholders. Collaborative worker with the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
* Ability to tavel to EU regularly
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online or contact -******* for more information.
Closing date for applications: 23 November 2020