over 2 years ago
Assistant Project Manager
Requisition ID :2020-69471
Work Location :GB-Yorkshire-Leeds
Department / Discipline : Project Management
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager to join our Project Management team in Leeds. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a technical (engineering/surveying/architecture) background with some experience of the design process, design management and projects within the built environment.
The Assistant Project Manager supports the Project Manager in the planning and execution of the project to achieve the client’s objectives. This role is responsible for supporting the delivery of limited-complexity projects either as part of a Wood delivery team or an integrated client team. Our projects are typically of an environmental or engineering nature, in the built environment or infrastructure sectors.
* Working with the Project Manager and Technical Lead to prepare and maintain definitions of the requirements of projects or project workstreams
* Developing the plans and strategies to successfully delivery the project objectives
* Supporting the development of contracts for the provision of goods and/or services, monitoring compliance and managing variances
* Assisting bid teams including developing elements of bid submissions
* Planning and controlling the delivery of work within the project, including:
* Assigning and co-ordinating work done by different people and organisations
* Controlling project costs, including weekly checks, monthly forecasting and reporting
* Developing project schedules, monitoring progress, and producing reports for client submission
* Identifying and managing project risks and change
* Preparing project management documentation such as Project Execution Plans, Quality Plans, Health and Safety Plans, Stakeholder Management Plans
* Gathering and implementing lessons learnt
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
* Knowledge of approaches for the successful delivery of infrastructure projects from initiation to completion
* Techniques for the preparation and maintenance of project schedules including use of MSP and/or Primavera
* Development of budgets for projects and controlling forecast and actual costs against them
* Maintaining and applying quality management processes for project activities and outputs
* Consolidating and documenting the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements)
* Establishing, and implementing where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects, updating configuration documents as required
* Excellent communicator both orally and in writing.
* Knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations applicable to infrastructure projects, in particular CDM regulations
* Experience in the development of project business case and the evaluation of options to satisfy project requirements
* Identification and monitoring of project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and tracking responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects
* Experience of procurement and contract administration using NEC3 suite of contracts
* Preparation of winning bids.
* Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering, Science or business subject
* Holds a recognised project management qualification
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.