3 months ago
Assistant Project Engineer - Structures - Dublin
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Structural Assistant Project Engineer
Nicholas O’Dwyer is Ireland’s professional engineering and environmental consultancy. Established in 1932 Nicholas O’Dwyer advises and assists today’s global community in the delivery of sustainable infrastructure for tomorrow.
Nicholas O'Dwyer are expanding and seeking ambitious engineers, preferably to work within our Structural Department at our head office in Dublin. We have a broad spectrum of projects both in Ireland and Internationally and can offer the successful candidate a clear path for career development in one of Ireland’s largest indigenous consultancies.
The successful candidate would be working as part of a team in the areas of:
* Responsible for developing the design from concept.
* Working as part of a design team.
* Carrying out design role on the structure.
* Supervising the preparation of drawings and documents for the project.
* Attending project meetings.
* Carrying out site inspections
* You will be third level qualified or equivalent (i.e. Chartered Engineer or member of a professional body) preferably to degree level
* Ideally the successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ post graduate experience, but less experience would also be considered for exceptional candidates
* Ability to work as part of a team and achieve tight deadlines and communicate effectively.
* Striving to attain chartered status over the next few years.
* Knowledge of structural design software.
* Capable of supervising technicians in the production of drawings and information.
* Report writing.
* Knowledge of management processes.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office packages such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* Previous experience working on Frameworks with Utility Companies would be desirable
When you join Nicholas O’Dwyer, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. We are recognised experts in the arena of designing, developing and managing infrastructure assets worldwide to meet society’s needs.
Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the infrastructure environment for future generations to come.