5 months ago
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - no compromise, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our programme management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee major events and infrastructure programmes of work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Assistant Project Controls Manager
To support the PMO in delivering effective monthly reporting across 14 UK projects and 50 R&D projects to ensure that the clients’ objectives are met for the programme. UK representative to PMO with duties to report on UK schedule.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Updating monthly the Oracle P6 data.
* Generating monthly reports and reporting upon schedule changes and reasons for variance.
* Liaising with PMO team for any schedule issues.
* Supporting PMO.
* Data validation and comparison of schedule dates.
* Monthly invoicing and PSRs.
* Gathering and collating project information.
* Developing Excel worksheets.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
* Previous working experience in a similar role.
* Experience of using schedule reporting systems.
* Experience of managing risk effectively around schedule and time overruns.
* Project controls experience.
* Previous experience of supporting a PMO team on a range of projects within the construction industry.
* Proficiency in the use of Primavera P6 including MS Word and Excel.
* Strong numerical reporting skills.
* Ability to identify and manage risk in accordance with industry best practice.
* Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
* Usage of appropriate method and style of communication depending on the situation and individuals involved.
* Good approach to look for ways to improve current working practices and processes.
* Effective communication both verbally and written form.
* Ability to manage time effectively to meet key deadlines.
* Highly accurate with good attention to detail.
* Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with the team and external stakeholders to ensure high quality service delivery.
* A degree qualification is preferred but is not essential.
* Professional memberships are an advantage but are not essential.
"Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel."
London - Flexible, UK