about 1 year ago
To undertake the day to day construction management of project works in terms of safety, quality, environment, engineering/ design compliance, commissioning, functionality and programme. This will involve the management of suppliers and implementing processes to control the delivery of the works.
This role reports to and assists the Route Delivery Manager and an underpinning knowledge of Principal Contractor and Client roles and responsibilities and systems are key.
Key Success Measures
- Safety & Ethics Support the implementation of the Business Conduct Guidelines, Colas Rail Limited Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) strategy, associated actions and resulting initiatives, to deliver continuous improvement in all areas.
- Excellence Ensure work is carried out with a continuous view to profitability and efficiency and look after our shareholders by guaranteeing that they see value for money and a profitable business. Quality is key to competitiveness. Take responsibility for delivering on time and on budget a high quality product or service, which Colas Rail can take pride in.
- People Demonstrate respect for colleagues, our clients and the environment in all areas of work.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
* Apply the principles of sound Project Management taking overall accountability for Cost, Quality and Timeliness in collaboration with the Route Delivery Manager.
* Lead, motivate and manage the Site Management, Engineering and Supervisory Structure within the Alliance. Act as a role-model for them in terms of behaviours and values, and mentor their professional development.
* Undertake the construction management responsibilities of all alliance project works.
* Comply with construction management processes and effectively implement them.
* Apply a consistent approach to construction management, implementation of processes and the management of all suppliers.
* Identify best practices and effective innovation to the Route Delivery Manager and provide background information, costs and benefits to enable the best practices to be effectively disseminated.
* Identify areas where a 'continuous improvement' approach to construction management could bring benefit.
* Provide construction management input to the alliance project works, particularly regarding construction/ implementation/ constructability, attendance at pre-possession planning meetings,
* As you will expect the organisation may change from time to time and you will be expected to meet the operational requirements.
* Any other reasonable duties as required from time to time.
The job holder will have
* Demonstrable successful construction management experience.
* Relevant experience for the specialist area of construction management being undertaken.
* Understanding of the CDM Regulations and health & safety legislation, regulations and industry practices.
* Demonstrable experience of the implementation of health, safety, environmental and quality management processes.
* Contract and commercial awareness.
* Effective communication skills.
* Ability to operate effectively in the site environment.
* Degree or equivalent
Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Energy 'Get up and go' attitude of a leader
- Energise Lead, manage and inspire my team
- Edge Maximise my personal edge
- Execute Make things happen
- Engage Stay close to the client
Stronger Together Principles (not covered above)
* Marketing, Business development & Sales
* Best in Class Practices
* Communication & Identity
* External Growth
Colas Rail in the United Kingdom values and encourages diversity in our workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of our aim to deliver quality services, we are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
Colas Rail currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We will therefore not consider CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies. Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas Rail.